Sunday 12 June 2011

Making Cookies

You could also just bake some cookies. And yes, I mean from scratch. It's more fun that way. This is also a great babysitting activity. Kids love baking. Anyway, all you need is:

3/4 cup sugar,
3/4 cup brown sugar (or you could just use 1 1/2 cup plain sugar),
1 cup butter or margerine,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
1 egg,
2 1/4 cup flour,
1 tsp baking soda,
1/2 tsp salt.

Collect these ingredients or go buy them if you don't happen to have all of them. The vanilla extract is not a total necessity. Also, READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU START MIXNG. Otherwise, you might mess up. I got this recipe off of the Betty Crocker website, so it's very good. I've tried it. It's good. Anyway, using this recipe, you have to:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a cookie sheet. Mix together the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg in this order. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Roll the dough into balls and arrange on the cookie sheet, then bake for 8-10 minutes.
Trust me, these cookies are very good if you don't mess up, so READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU START. I know I said that already but I thought I should remind you.

I also came up with a few variations of these sugar cookies (other than chocolate chip). For peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter if you're allergic to nuts) cookies, replace 1/2 cup of the butter with, well, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter. For snickerdoodles, you obviously just put a lot of cinnamon in them (as well as a topping of cinnamon-sugar). The most fun cookie variation is the crazy cookie. just put whatever else you think will taste good in a cookie. It's really fun! Anyway, cookies are definitely NOT boring. Make some. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment